Charles Bridge, also known as the 'Stone Bridge' replaced the old Judith Bridge which was damaged by a flood in 1342. The Construction of the Charles Bridge started in 1357, whose first stone was laid by Charles IV himself. The bridge crosses the river Vltavaand is a very important connection between Prague Castle and the city's old town in adjacent areas. The total length of the bridge is 515.8 metrs long and almost 10 metres wide. The bridge is decorated by 30 statues and statutaries along the alley, mostly in baroque style which have now been replaced by replicas.
Trams as well as a quick 3 minute walk from the Station Staromestska
Plenty Hotels are available in the center of the city are available for tourists and travelers.